Web Search

Friday 16 September 2011

Altec Lansing MX6021 Full Review

After I first bought the Altec Lansing VS4121, I was impressed by the sound quality that it produces which make me a fan of Altec Lansing product which I was before a fan of SONY audio product, cause Altec Lansing speaker deliver more clarity audio and much crisp mid &  tweeter compare to SONY. When the latest Altec Lansing product came out the MX6021, I directly go to the market and bought it. It said to be capable to produce 200watt peak audio output and tri-amplified design (separate amp for Mids/Tweeter/Subwoofer) which make me more attracted.

 But after listening to it I was shocked that the sound is worst the Mids & Tweeter are overwhelm, the subwoofer is not that responsive which make it look like the subwoofer and Mids are separated brand. When you turn the volume up the Mids will much responsive than the subwoofer  which make the bass sound absent even you turn the bass to max. The Mids are much responsive, however they are easily distorted at high volume. After listening several hour I finally manage to tuned it.



Using SRS audio enhancement software i manage to balance the treble and the bass to the right level that suite me. Since audio are really subjective you can tune the sound to suite you,  diagram above show the tuning level that I'm using.

The Altec Lansing MX6021 specs are below:
Subwoofer = 6.5"inch 68watts@8ohm
Midranges = 3"inch 33watts@4ohm x 2
Tweeter = 1"inch 33watts@4ohm x 2
Total Output =200watts

The subwoofer driver cone's is made of paper  


The subwoofer Magnet 


Dismantled Altec Lansing MX6021 powered subwoofer



The Clarity of Altec Lansing MX6021

I've been used it, as my Workstation keyboard speaker

    Overall the Altec Lansing MX6021 is good at movie and live music such as orchestra and instrumental, the ability of it to produce full spectrum sound and good audio filter  make it possible to produce thrilling sound, but songs like hip-hop and RnB which you need much punchier bass the MX6021 is not a good option compare to VS4121. Hopefully soon Altec Lansing will come with much better speaker system.

If you have any comment or info please feel free to share.....   

4 comments:

  1. at last, tbungkar sudah anak perut altec lancing yg tbaru n tkuat, hahahahaha

    good work man, u have the sprit to become an engineering master.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the post! I have the same one but my sub went out and it's not under warranty. Do you know where I could get a replacement sub from.

    Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rep:123 123
    so far....i have not found any sub replacement service for altec lansing, how ever you can try search through internet or ask the dealer for replacement may be their know where to get it ....by the way how did the sub went out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK thanks! One of my roommate turn it up all the way and it just stop working

    ReplyDelete